Peace Of Mind For Your Family And Your Future

Guardianship Can Ensure The Safety And Care Of Your Loved One

We understand that you want to make certain your loved ones are cared for when they can no longer take care of themselves. Everyone has extremely individual and personal needs, which can require appointing a trusted adult guardian to manage a loved one’s affairs. We can analyze your circumstances and, by walking you through the entire process, provide guidance on whether an adult guardianship is appropriate to your circumstances.

What Must I Do To Establish A Guardianship?

To establish an adult guardianship, you need to petition the local court. Before a court orders a guardianship, you must establish that your loved one (the “ward,” also referred to as the “disabled person”) cannot handle his or her own affairs. This can be accomplished with a statement from his or her physician.

We shall work with you to make certain your loved one receives the best possible care. We understand the laws applying to guardianship and shall let you know what to expect when it comes to administering a guardianship and any hearings necessary to establish guardianship. Since this may be an extremely difficult time for you, we can help you better understand the legal process and requirements so you can make an informed decision about your loved one’s future.

Let Us Help Your Family Today

Please contact The Law Office of Denise D. Nordheimer, Esquire, LLC, in Wilmington or Milton to set up an initial appointment. Send us an email or call 302-504-4687.